top of page
Conor Robert Bowen
Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC)
What is it?
- The sudden and unexpected death of a child 12 months of age or older that remains unexplained after a thorough investigation
How common is it?
- In 2017: 389 children between the ages of 1 and 18 were affected (CDC WONDER online database)
- 5th leading category of death in children ages 1 through 4
What support is available?
- ZERO federal funding for research
- The SUDC Foundation is a non-profit foundation that funds critical research and provides essential support to families at no cost to families
SUDC Banner showing faces of 120 affected children
Speaking about SUDC at Yale Pediatric Grand Rounds
"Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood: It Happened to My Family"
American Academy of Pediatrics Blog: AAP Voices
Sibling Loss: Experiencing Grief through a Child's Eyes
bottom of page