Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC)
What is it?
- The sudden and unexpected death of a child 12 months of age or older that remains unexplained after a thorough investigation
How common is it?
- In 2017: 389 children between the ages of 1 and 18 were affected (CDC WONDER online database)
- 5th leading category of death in children ages 1 through 4
What support is available?
- ZERO federal funding for research
- The SUDC Foundation is a non-profit foundation that funds critical research and provides essential support to families at no cost to families